Wednesday, March 31, 2010

napkin rings

Today's post at Soule Mama has me on the hunt for napkin rings. Keeping track of whose napkin is whose is a big problem at our house, and I don't know why this never occurred to me. I like the idea of accumulating a collection over time at thrift stores and garage sales, finding just the right one for each member of the family. For the impatient among us, Etsy = instant collection.


This vintage Lillan Vernon pair would fit in with a Hollywood Regency Aesthetic.

And on the complete other end of the design spectrum, I'm rather fond of these folksy painted alpine flower ones. 

These orange and red lacquer ones are cheerful.

You can never go wrong with simple teak.

For all you Vera collectors out there...

Or go custom and commission your own.

 like these from raedunn.

or these from BROOKLYN Rehab.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the ceramic napkin holders!

cindy said...

i have some of the lillian vernon ones. :]